Are you an energetic, ambitious and analytical individual looking for a leadership opportunity and a chance to grow your career with a world class manufacturing company? Do you enjoy interacting with people and taking a hands-on approach while working with other departments?
Our client is proudly committed to manufacturing innovative high-quality food products for their customers around the world. On their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer in their processing facility located in Carberry, Manitoba. Reporting to the Production Manager, this individual will be a functional lead for enabling processes within the plant, and will be instrumental in leading the Formula Recipe Management work stream.
- Functional lead for process optimization using statistical data. This includes performing design of experiments on the production line and the development of functional process control models
- Leading the training efforts in the application of statistical methods in Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Perform studies on measurement systems (MSA) to ensure proper calibration protocols are in place and actions are taken when calibration systems fail
- Develop process control implementation packages for global roll out of formula recipe management
- Work with other factories of the global process control pilot project to incorporate best practices into the plant procedures
- Process documentation, including process flow diagrams (PFDs) with material and energy balances, process and instrument drawings (P&IDs) and process descriptions
- After hours support may be required on as needed basis
- Leading and participating in audits for efficiency, safety, environmental, quality and food safety on a regular basis
- Collaborating with Safety, Health and Quality staff to ensure sites manufacturing processes are safely designed, audited and operated in accordance with policies and procedures
- A degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- You will drive superior results through engineering fundamentals with a keen focus on the Safety/Quality/Cost/Delivery/People and Environmental platform
- You are proficient in the use of statistical methods, including Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control
- You are knowledgeable of root cause analysis tools to be used on mechanical and processing issues
- Prior experience in a processing facility is an asset
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools, including Microsoft Project is necessary and exposure to SAP is an asset
- You must have demonstrated the ability to work both independently and under immediate supervision, function effectively under time constraints and multitask based on the nature of the work
- You have strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, along with excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential
This role will appeal to an individual who enjoys challenging the status quo, has excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have a can do spirit, dare to be different, value teamwork and the sharing of ideas and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Tracey through indeed or call 204-336-6249.