Are you a self-directed Maintenance, Electrical, or Project Engineering leader with demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement, change, performance management, and succession planning? Have you worked from the ground up and want to strategically contribute to the success of a global leader in the food manufacturing industry?
Our client is proudly committed to manufacturing innovative high-quality food products for their customers around the world. On their behalf, we are currently recruiting for a Plant Engineer in their processing facility located in Carberry, Manitoba. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the primary responsibility of the Plant Engineer is to effectively plan, organize, lead and control the Maintenance department for the plant. The incumbent will be responsible for the Maintenance department through the supervisors in Power House, Electrical, General Maintenance, Packaging Maintenance, Stockroom and Waste.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Continuous professional and leadership development
- Continuous performance management
- Competitive industry compensation, rewards and benefits
- Regional and global career opportunities
- Health and safety is the number one priority
- Aligned to business plan strategic objectives, an important portion of the mandate is to clearly communicate goals and objectives, and consistently follow up through the use of Key Performance Indicators set by the Operational framework made of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale and Environment (QCDSME) and visual reports for each of the Maintenance direct reports.
- Develop annual maintenance budget. Be fiscally responsible. Work with finance, production and safety to develop justification for capital projects and prepare the Requests for Capital Expenditures in a timely fashion.
- Manage all maintenance initiatives to meet deadlines and budgets while optimizing plant efficiency.
- Provide direction for maintaining and operating all physical equipment so as to minimize downtime (OEE). Oversee, maintain and progressively improve a preventative maintenance program.
- The successful candidate will set the standard and lead by example on the key elements of plant health and safety.
- Be a role model for the maintenance and engineering department. Responsible for the proactive daily maintenance and repairs of the installed asset base.
- Maintain and coordinate an ongoing management development program for the supervisory personnel to enhance their managerial potential.
- Management of regulatory compliance as it applies to federal, provincial, and local authorities
- Foster execution excellence.
- Assist in continually developing a high performance manufacturing team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous maintenance experience.
- At least five years of diverse management experience with progressively increased responsibility together with proven supervisory/management experience.
- Exposure to and demonstrated experience working with various areas of plant operations and different levels of company management.
- Engineering degree is preferred although licensed mechanic, electrician, and/or electronic technician will be considered.
This role will appeal to an individual who wants to spearhead maintenance department success by fostering growth and positive change of both the department and its people. If you have the organizational savvy, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and are motivated to cultivate individuals with huge potential please reply via indeed.
Indeed - 9 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...