Our Client, the Winnipeg Construction Association is currently searching for an Executive Director for the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba. Established in 1990, CSAM is a premiere source for quality safety information, resources, tools and training for the Manitoba construction industry.
Reporting directly to the Winnipeg Construction Association Executive Vice President, the Executive Director will be responsible for driving and growing the safety culture in all aspects of planning; organizing; leading and controlling activities for the a team.
The Executive Director will provide information regarding accident prevention methods and changes to WSH legislation, as well as providing information, resources and training programs to enable contractors to meet their legislated responsibilities. The candidate will provide guidance with respect to establishing comprehensive safety programs tailored to meet the needs of individual companies both large and small. The Executive Director will ensure that standards are upheld when granting COR certification to contractors in Manitoba.
- Responsible for hiring and termination of employees based on human resource practices.
- Responsible for quality staff training, employee motivation and the development of positive attitudes.
- Supervise and provide guidance to safety personnel with their daily responsibilities.
- Ensure proper accounting controls are in place, that payables and receivables are managed carefully, working in close cooperation with the company Accountant.
- Liaise with the Workers Compensation Board on general compensation matters and determine firms with growing claims experiences, in order to work directly with that firm to improve safety standards.
- Liaise with the Workplace Safety and Health Division to keep abreast of the latest developments in policies and regulations.
- Ensure strict confidentiality regarding company and client information.
- Enable the services of the company to reach construction industry employers throughout Manitoba.
- Develop regular communications regarding health and safety with construction industry employers.
- Develop training and education materials using print and audio-visual.
- Provide health and safety workshops, seminars and meetings throughout Manitoba.
- Co-operate with apprenticeship instructors to provide health and safety instruction.
- Monitor health and safety programs and services in other jurisdictions to determine the suitability for Manitoba presentation.
- As required, present public speeches and materials to increase public awareness for health and safety standards in construction.
- Be available to advise on health and safety of programs and trends, and on current or planned legislation or regulations.
- Maintain records, statistics on annual programs and activities; prepare quarterly reports for The Workers Compensation Board and the Association with respect to the safety program activities.
- 5-7 years in a senior manager role with demonstrated skills in leading a team..
- Bachelor degree with focus on business, finance, human resources or marketing.
- Certificate completion of recognized post secondary Occupational Health and Safety program.
- Proven ability to assist in the development and adherence of a strategic business plan while delivering on objectives determined by Board.
- Strong understanding of financial controls with the proven ability to prepare and manage the annual budget.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Relationship builder that has the passion, drive and commitment to driving a safer workplace.
This role will appeal to a credible and influential leader that has both a strong financial and strategic ability to meet set objectives, has excellent communication, facilitation skills and multitasking abilities, has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Linda through Indeed or 204-336-6246.
Indeed - 12 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...