Are you a confident, ambitious and collaborative employee relations specialist with the ability to work independently? Are you a skilled, self-motivated, and results-oriented individual?
Our Client, a global leader in a manufacturing environment is currently seeking a high energy and dynamic individual to assume the challenging role of Employee Relations Specialist.
The Employee Relations Specialist administers the collective bargaining, engagement and containment processes, provides advice to management, human resources and employees on employee relations issues. The ideal candidate makes process recommendations to senior leadership, and assists with the analysis and resolution of operational issues. The incumbent provides education on employee relations' strategies and processes as well as administers and analyzes results from employee engagement tools and develops engagement recommendations.
- Provides coaching, counseling and serves as an advisor to management on various employee relations issues of a more complex nature.
- Develops changes to policy or procedures, handles special projects and assignments and oversees new or specialized processes through to completion; evaluates effectiveness and ensures objectives are met.
- Prepares communications to support programs and or policy changes.
- Conducts more complex employee relations investigations, may assist in preparing legal cases and participates in third party hearings such as grievances, mediation, arbitration, and or human rights.
- Provides training and support for managers and assists in development of new or more junior employee relations staff.
- Assists in developing employee relations recommendations on policy, practice, procedures and strategy.
- May be involved with the Employee Opinion Survey data to assist management in implementing strategies and best practice resources to enhance employee engagement and increase business competitiveness.
- May provide support to contract negotiations during the collective bargaining process.
- Must have relevant post-secondary education, (i.e. post secondary education in business, human resources or a related field).
- A diploma or degree in Industrial Relations or Human Resources an asset.
- Experience in preparation and participation in collective bargaining processes preferred.
- Three or more years experience administering policies or programs in a manufacturing environment either as an advisor, leading a program/process, handling conflict, managing investigative processes, and working with a union preferred.
- Must have a working level knowledge in employee relations and applicable labour policies, laws and statutes.
- Must have strong communication, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to resolve issues and/or conflicts effectively.
- Must be able to collect, organize, and analyze data accurately and efficiently and maintain accurate and reliable records.
- Must be able to act with discretion and confidentiality in matters relating to employee concerns and sensitive or limited company information.
- Must be proficient in MS Word/Excel etc.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
This role will appeal to a creative, credible and collaborative individual with excellent communication and multitasking abilities, who has a positive attitude and is very energetic. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Linda through Indeed or call 204-336-6246.