Our Client is a Family owned Winnipeg Transportation Company that has been in business for over 30 years. They pride themselves
on maintaining exceptional customer relationships, providing quality products and professional service. This multi-award
winning company has seen tremendous growth on an annual basis and is regarded as best-in-class for their continuous
improvement with new products and technologies. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for the role of Controller.
Reporting to the President, the Controller will be an integral part of the senior management team and responsible for all financial planning, reporting and internal controls. This individual will provide sound financial advice, take an active part in helping the company achieve strategic goals and develop financial controls that will achieve a high level of accuracy, integrity and effectiveness throughout the organization. In addition, they will have six direct reports and be responsible for leading and directing the employees in the accounting, payroll, IT department.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Trusted advisor to the President
- Growing organization
- A high-energy, collaborative, informal and professional environment
- Manage a team
- Provide coaching and mentoring to a team of 6
- Supervision and performance management of the payroll and accounting department
- Create and maintain a high performance environment with positive leadership and strong team orientation. Motivate, mentor and lead staff to ensure a productive, efficient and positive work environment
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting functions including the budget process
- Preparation of all financial reports for internal and external reporting purposes in accordance with GAAP
- Oversees integrity of accounting and reporting systems, including reconciliations
- Evaluate and improve systems, accounting processes and internal controls
- Provides employee coaching, development and training
Skills & Qualifications
- Accounting designation CGA, CMA or CA
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of financial management principles, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills and previous experience managing a team of at least 4 members
- Proven ability to adequately relay financial information and recommendations to a nonfinancial management team
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experience in ADP system
- Dealership experience is a plus
- Experience in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
This role will appeal to an accounting professional with a strong business acumen that enjoys getting involved in the business, and has excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply via indeed to Linda Beaudry or call 204-336-6246.
Indeed - 20 months ago
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...