Our client Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is the newest Crown Corporation of the Province of Manitoba, responsible for the distribution and sale of beverage alcohol, and for providing gaming and entertainment experiences, all in a socially responsible manner. This corporation provides entertainment options through the Club Regent and McPhillips Street Station casinos, a wide network of video lotto terminals, the distribution and sales of lottery tickets, a selection of food and live entertainment to complement the casino experience and the sales and distribution of alcohol beverages through liquor stores, private liquor outlets and licensed establishments throughout the province of Manitoba.
The net revenue from its operations goes to the Province of Manitoba to support government programming in areas such as healthcare, education, social and community services and economic development. Governed by an appointed Board of Directors, this new corporation is committed to the principles of social responsibility and sustainable development and with the help of its stakeholders, is integrating economic, social and environmental considerations in the decision process across all activities.
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Director, Procurement to lead the procurement team in establishing a strategic, collaborative and service-oriented culture in the Procurement Department that balances internal client needs without compromising the policies and overall objectives of the Corporation. Reporting to the Executive Director, Procurement & Casino Banking the Director, Procurement is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the procurement function for Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Be part of an organization that supports their communities
- Rated as one of the Top 25 Employers in Manitoba for the seventh consecutive year in 2013
- Encourages employee development and engagement
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Responsible for the day to day management of staff and resources in the department.
- Accountable for performance and continuous improvement of procurement processes and efficiencies.
- Responsible for managing change and implementing procurement best practices.
- Oversee the development of the competitive bid process and contract award recommendations
- Monitor vendor performance through effective use of metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure execution of procurement strategies across the organization to ensure consistent and high quality service delivery
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead efforts to identify and develop new procurement initiatives and strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance management of employees.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post secondary degree in Management, Business or a related field, and/or recognized purchasing designation, such as SCMP.
- Ten or more years of management and leadership experience working in a multi-channel environment.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, continuous improvement environment.
- Demonstrated background with change or project management and you are considered a service-oriented leader
- Sound business acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse set of people across multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent strategic, leadership and management skills with a focus on results.
- Experience managing a procurement department an asset.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze results and respond effectively and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
This role will appeal to an individual who is a hands-on leader, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, multitasking abilities, a positive attitude, and is very energetic. If you thrive on excellence in performance and you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume.