Our Client is a progressive company who manufactures metal roofing, wall cladding, and related products for residential, agricultural and commercial applications. Located south west of Brandon on a Hutterite Colony, they have been providing service to clients throughout Western Canada since 1989. On their behalf we are currently recruiting for an Accountant.
This role will appeal to an energetic, flexible and outgoing self-starter who enjoys working independently and is comfortable switching gears quickly to accommodate sudden requests. Reporting to the General Manager the Accountant will be responsible for providing support to enable the day-to-day accounting requirements for full cycle accounting.
- Review and process all financial transactions on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Accounts receivable – creating new customer accounts, bank deposits, recording payments, collections and customer account inquiries.
- Accounts payable – recording invoices, issuing cheques, entering new vendors, filing, and bank statement reconciliation.
- Prepare all documents and forms related to regulatory requirements (i.e.: GST, PST, etc), ensuring accurate and timely monthly remittances.
- Prepare and distribute regular month end reports and custom reports as requested.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Month end posting of all accounts and cross checking balances.
- Prepare all year end documents required for third party accountant.
- Perform all tasks related to year end, close of payables, receivables and inventory.
- Receiving inventory items into stock.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 and completion of a Diploma in Business (accounting emphasis) or related field of study.
- Four to five years of full cycle accounting experience or suitable combination of formal education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping principles, and practices.
- Experience using an accounting system, supporting bookkeeping, basic accounting, and related needs of an office environment are a definite asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, experience creating pivot table reports would be an asset
- Experience providing technical and computer desktop support – no programming required.
- Valid driver license and reliable vehicle required – our client is located 15 miles south west of Brandon.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a definite asset.
This role will appeal to a confident, friendly and outgoing individual with excellent communication skills and multitasking abilities, and has a positive attitude. If you have the organizational and interpersonal skills, are a team player and interested in learning more about this opportunity please reply to this ad.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
At MNP, it all starts with a relationship. The kind of relationship that helps us better understand your business – and offer you...