Our company is evolving and we have an immediate need for an emerging professional to join our team as a Bookkeeper / Accountant. This role will service a group of companies. The successful candidate will be actively involved in developing the role and assuming additional responsibilities for advancement to a senior/lead role. This role is most suitable to an individual actively working toward a recognized accounting designation.
Required skills/ abilities / knowledge / experience:
- AR / AP / GST / PST / WCB / Banking / Invoicing and related duties
- Reporting: preparation and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to apply, analyse, synthesize and summarize information
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks and/or Simply Accounting
- Proficiency with MS Office; emphasis on excel skills
- Effective communication in English both verbal and written
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree with a focus or degree in accounting plus relevant accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years Bookkeeping / Accounting experience
- Experience in the Construction, Hospitality or related industries would be an asset
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail; meticulous
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Team Player and service oriented
- An entrepreneurial approach, willingness to take initiative, be a self-starter
Employment and Package
The employment package includes flexible work schedules, a comprehensive medical/dental plan, vacation, and a bonus plan designed to reward success. Our company encourages a work-life balance.
Specific details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidates’ knowledge, skills, and experience.
Your interest in our company and this opportunity is sincerely appreciated and we thank all candidates for applying. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.