- Reporting to the Corporate Controller, responsible for assisting with various accounting functions
- Accounts receivable are accurately recorded; working with sales and project managers to ensure prompt payment received
- Accounts payable recorded to appropriate general ledger account, costed to jobs in a timely manner; payments prepared in accordance with corporate payment policies.
- Payroll processing, including maintaining accurate employee data information, time card entry, costing to appropriate jobs, processing payroll
- Working with sales and project managers to follow up on accounts receivable
- Credit card transactions recorded accurately
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Assisting with general office administration duties
- Commercial construction experience considered an asset
- Proficient with all functions in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word/Excel
- 3 years’ experience in a similar accounting role
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Personable and professional in communications with vendors, service providers, and customers
- Excellent attention to detail and deadline driven
- Can take the initiative and adapt to changing priorities
About the Company
Experience. Expertise. Excellence. Leadership. Committed to customer satisfaction.
Based in St. Albert, MK Group of Companies has over five decades of combined experience in the construction industry. Servicing construction companies, architects, and developers in Edmonton and throughout Alberta MK Group of Companies draws on their teams of professional trades’ people who pride themselves on their integrity and exemplary work.
Indeed - 6 months ago