Our client a mid-sized heavy industrial construction contractor is searching for a versatile Project Coordinator for their Field Construction Projects in Western Canada. The successful candidate will be expected to provide following:
- Preparation of proposals
- Assist in the preparation of estimates
- Establish and collect material, labour and sub contract costs by preparing requests for quotation, as well as by obtaining vendor pricing.
- Vendor and sub contract proposal evaluations.
- Quantity and material take offs from fairly complex drawings.
- Prepare and manage proposal as well as contract schedules complete with resource and cost information as required using Microsoft Project.
- Preparation of manpower loading histograms.
- Calculate and prepare labour charge out rates.
- Project budget preparation.
- Project cost planning and control.
- Prepare and submit contract billings.
- Percentage complete reports.
- Provide management and clients with requisite project control reports.
- Contract preparation.
- Customer and project meetings.
- Ability to travel and perform duties on remote jobsites for extended periods of time as required.
- Post-secondary education in an applicable field or equivalent experience.
- Previous construction experience regarding job site safety requirements and reporting.
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient Microsoft excel, word, access and project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with ICI trade personal.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license with clear abstract.
- Must be a team player.
We thank all candidates but only those selected will be contacted. Please be sure to indicate the title of the position you are applying to in the Subject line.