POSITION SUMMARY: The role is primarily to provide technical support to the Quality Department. Knowledge and application of blueprint reading and fundamentals of GD&T are critical in this role. CMM experience is required and experience working with tooling and fixturing is preferred. Computer skills are heavily emphasized with a focus on CAD and CMM software applications.
- Must work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, Company rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or clothing as required by the company
- Provide technical support and advice utilizing advance metrological applications and equipment, including CMM.
- Ensure an appropriate environment for the inspection and verification activities required in the QA Compound.
- Support the activities of the tooling department and provide technical support accordingly.
- Support product realization initiatives of other members of the QA team with technical support and data.
- Assist Statistical initiatives and ensure proper metrological applications are utilized in the collection and maintenance of data.
- Ensure that PPAP submissions are professional, thorough, on time and acceptable
- Identify and quantify quality improvements in process, materials and product.
- Provide technical training and knowledge to employees (including CMM basics).
- Develop and maintain systems for the maintenance and calibration of metrological equipment.
- Develop and maintain systems (including CMM programs) for the maintenance and verification of tooling and fixturing.
- Maintain the Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) and ensure professional and proper reporting from the equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES (Job Knowledge/Skill, Education and related experience)
- High School graduate (or equivalent) required.
- Post-Secondary Education and/ or Training in a quality-related field required.
- Metrology experience and training required.
- CMM training, education and experience required.
- Experience in an industrial fabrication and assembly environment preferred.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing fundamentals
- Knowledge and use of tooling and fixturing theory and practice
- Metrology fundamentals
- Inspection methods
- Basic Statistical Methods and Knowledge
- Working in an office environment
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands, challenging, fast paced, team orientated environment
Indeed - 2 years ago