This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and is a key member of the plant team. The positions key objectives are to ensure that supply chain activities are achieved from ensuring raw product availability, purchasing of package and ingredients, production scheduling and finished product shipments in accordance with cost, quality, company and customer standards and demands.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with Raw Materials Procurement groups to ensure raw material requirements are met.
- In conjunction with Master Planning and production operations groups, develop weekly production schedules to meet order requirements and ensure proper utilization of equipment and resources.
- Ordering of Packaging and Ingredient supplies utilizing SAP software to ensure on-hand quantities to meet production demands.
- Implementation and maintenance of SAP inventory system including reconciliation of weekly cycle counts and adjustments.
- Work closely with suppliers to resolve any order or material issues.
- DFAIT Permit applications and reconciliation of quota allocations.
- Preparation of customer sample shipments.
- Provide Supervision and support to other departmental roles.
- Take leadership role in the use and improvement of the SAP system.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Post secondary education in Business, Supply Chain Management or other related degree/diploma plus 2-3 years previous experience in a similar or related manufacturing role or a combination of education and experience.
- CPIM or PMAC/SCMP designations or working towards an asset.
- Previous purchasing experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven knowledge of production planning/scheduling and purchasing fundamentals.
- Strong organizational skills, extremely accurate and excellent attention to details.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and apply corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands and deadlines.
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office and SAP an asset.
- Able to work comfortably with all levels internal and external to the plant.
- Flexible to work extra hours based on production needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others.
- Ability to prioritize and follow directions with little/no supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail and accuracy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
MFI Food Canada Ltd, a Subsidiary of Minneapolis-based Michael Foods Inc is recognized as a global leader in the manufacturing of high...