Position available for Material Handler / Counterbalance Forklift Operator.
(This is a temporary contract - position duration: approx: 2 months to mid September )
Company is a well-managed distributor in North East Mississauga (approximate location 401 and Hurontario) servicing large brand-name accounts.
- valid Counterbalance Forklift License required or experienced and able to re-certify in a short timeframe.
- day shift only: 7:30 to 4:00 (candidate should be available to work overtime on occasion)
- Role involves material handling, warehouse duties and forklift.
- Should be available to work immediately
- Material handling in a clean and well-organized Warehouse environment.
- Obtain workorders and work with warehouse stock
- Retrieves materials by locating and verifying materials
- Completes orders using Counterbalance to move loads and secure materials
- Follow all safety procedures to work effectively with others
- Some shipping may be required - i.e. RF scanning, etc.
- Punctual, reliable and dependable (start time 7:30)
- Have operated Counterbalance Forklift and worked in a warehouse or production environment
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs (might require repeated lifting for an hour or two)
- Valid Counterbalance License or able to re-certify in a short timeframe.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and procedures; safety mindset
- Requires workboots
- Possible transfer to permanent.
- Ideal to have a car but public transport can be taken
Please forward resume for consideration.
Rate - $14 to $15.00 Hourly Rate (depending on experience)
Experience Required: 1+ to 2 Years
Education Required: Vocational/ High School minimum
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Job Status: Full Time