We are currently seeking an electrical engineer with a focus on radio frequency, to assist with projects and with the goal to successfully implement the designs developed to meet our client’s requirements. This position will include the processes of design, testing and continuous development of electrical equipment, RF circuit boards, components and systems as assigned.
- Works on integrated product teams (IPTs) for various projects, advises and provides electrical direction on RF systems level engineering content and assigned project(s) to other staff within company
- Independently designs and modifies existing electrical products/technology in response to contract related requirements per company standards and customer specifications.
- Provides and develops electrical circuit boards using RF communication and wireless standards
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures
- Coordinate electrical planning, and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements.
- Conducts final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Develops project related requirements for products from customer specifications for new or modified designs.
- Produce, or assist in the production, of detailed electrical engineering and assembly drawings
- Conduct the field testing of new products in accordance with STANAG/MIL-STD 810F standards
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides recommendations in resolving complex, unique or major problems. Provides electrical leadership to individuals or teams in resolving problems
- Ensure that electrical designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Develops component breakdown for completed electrical designs
- Develops assembly processes for completed electrical designs
- Maintains project related files, documents and revision control of documents under their direct control
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- Knowledge of board-level design techniques for RF and support circuits
- Experience with RF design and testing
- Experience with interfacing, RF communication, wireless standards, and various electronic component connectors
- Prior experience with design, analysis, and test of RF communications systems
- Firm understanding of interconnect strategies for Ethernet and USB cabling
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards.
- Read, interpret and produce engineering drawings (AutoCAD or Solid Works) in accordance with industry standards.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to engineer and non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- Excellent grasp of diverse, fundamental electrical engineering concepts and relationships.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude..
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Confident, consistent decisive personality.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically implement designs.
- Occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects may be required.
- Overtime as required.
Why Join MIL-SIM-FX International Inc:
- Organization committed to your success
- Competitive salary with great benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities
- Challenging work
- Unique, dynamic, and fun work culture
Thank you for your interest in MIL-SIM-FX International Inc. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MIL-SIM-FX International is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you are a detailed, dependable team player who thrives on achieving goals and solving problems then please submit your resume and cover letter in complete confidence. No phone calls or agencies please.
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume no later than April 8, 2013.
MIL-SIM-FX International Inc. is a privately owned small business in Tillsonburg, Ontario. We are an important supplier of non-pyrotechnic training simulators to the Canadian Department of National Defense and to US and Foreign Armed Forces.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Mechanical- Product Development Engineer ( P.Eng.)
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for leading product...