MIEP Canada International Education Association
Learning Enhancement Application Platform/s (LEAP) After School Support Program
Dynamic, Career Advancing After School Program
LEAP Team Lead Instructor
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction of the LEAP Program Manager act as Lead Instructor in designing, implementing, supervising, and assessing the After School Support Program, as well as providing instruction to individual students and groups of students. Provide supervision for a Teaching Assistant as required.
- Full time contract position of 37.5 hours per week -- 18-20 hours in class/on-line instruction and 15 to 17 hours spent designing, implementing/assessing the LEAP Application Platform components;
- Employment in educational settings at the high school level;
- Contract position;
- Wage Range: $25/28 Per hr;
- Starting October 2013;
- Paid orientation starts immediately/supplementary Moodle training included.
1. English native speaker (Bilingual English/Chinese) an asset;
2. BC Teaching Certificate or above with TESOL Certificate;
3. Criminal check required;
4. Two years teaching experience preferred;
5. Familiarity with Moodle and on-line instruction as well as accessing on-line resources an asset;
6. Interest in and willingness to learn a new Learning Management System;
7. Proven track record of dependability and professionalism
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
John M. Smith, MA, Instructor Dip., TEFL
LEAP Program Manager
International Education Association
Location: Maple Ridge
This is a contract job.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.