MHM Publishing is expanding in several areas as we continue to grow our portfolio of aviation-focused magazines and online presence.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, outgoing graphic designer.
- Proficiency using Mac platforms and an in-depth understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and most importantly InDesign (Flash is an asset, but not required)
- Ability to comprehend direction and direct fellow team members
- Strong grasp of colour theory, typography and principles of design
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Web and design principles with strong layout skills
- Must be able to create website concepts from scratch and work within existing designs
- Knowledge of SEO principles and cross browser compatibility issues
- Experience creating email campaigns for marketing purposes
- Knowledge of web design and web applications, like Mag+ is an asset
Candidate Must be:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Able to work under strict deadlines
- Able to take direction, engage in critiques and accurately follow instructions
- A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
The Web & Design Support position requires an individual who can multitask effectively and work well within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must have good communication skills, be comfortable working within a team environment, and able to operate independently when needed. The candidate must be able to produce quality layouts/artwork for print and web in a time-sensitive manor.
Please provide portfolio of work.
Indeed - 17 months ago