We are a family owned group of trucking/logistics companies with 4 offices (2 in Aldergrove, 1 in Langley and 1 in Ontario) and approximately 80 owner/operators at current. We have experienced phenomenal growth in the last few years and need a Sales Manager to develop and lead our sales department at head office in Aldergrove. We are looking for an enigmatic and exceptionally results-driven individual to think outside the box to give us an edge over our competitors and take our companies to the next level. This individual must have a minimum of 7 year's experience with a proven track record in management and sales growth. We are a professional and responsible employer that offers a casual, fun, non-corporate family-like environment to work in. We offer the following incentives and support to ensure we attract and retain the very best in our industry:
- Competitive base salary with unlimited potential
- Health benefits after 3 months
- Commission and profit-sharing programs
- GRSP eligibility after 6 months
- Car and cellular phone subsidies
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
1. Develop sales forces
- Recruiting, hiring and training your people.
- Developing the most well trained, professional sales force possible.
2. Develop sales department processes and applicable documentation
- Help design and implement a sales process for both existing and new business.
- Help ensure adherence and consistency in our sales activities both amongst inside sales representatives, outside sales representatives and dispatchers.
3. Set objectives.
- Plan, organize, direct and control your sales staff to meet these objectives.
- Use these to help your salespeople maximize their potential.
- At the beginning of each month, counsel with each salesperson to establish realistic sales objectives / goals for the month and action plan.
- Establish a sales objective for the department each month and submit it to CEO.
- Achieve forecasted sales by following (and, if necessary, adjusting) your written plan of action.
- Monitor each salesperson's performance.
- Understand departmental financial data to determine what is happening in your department. Review financial data that affects your department's profits.
4. Coaching sales people.
- Communicate or meet daily with sales staff.
- Offer them the coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or information they need in order to help them meet their sales objectives.
5. Inside/Outside sales
- Prospecting and networking both externally and internally to develop new business opportunities. Occasional travel involved.
- Assist owners in responding to RFPs and presenting sales packages to pitch for new business
6. Handle complaints from customers
- Constructively handle (or supervise the handling of) all customer complaints related to your department.
7. Conduct sales meetings.
- Prepare in advance and conduct regular sales meetings.
- Review the performance of your salespeople and motivate and stimulate them to even greater achievements.
8. Maintain a self development program.
- Constantly strive toward continuing professional growth.
- Work to improve your sales skills, managerial skills, business skills and product knowledge.
1. Willingness and drive to learn the industry and our business inside-out
2. Minimum 7 years of experience in sales management
3. Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-oriented sales force
4. Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
5. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
6. Willingness to travel on occasion
7. Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
8. Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
9. Experience in the industries of trucking, transport or logistics would be ideal, but is not necessary
Please forward your resume by return e-mail. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.