Scope of Position
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Sealer is responsible for aircraft fuel tank sealing process while conforming to production demand/schedules and adhering to all applicable Company Health and Safety policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Set up In-Tank tools at the begging of the shift (i.e. lights, gun, spatulas etc.)
- Communicate with co-workers about coordinating/planning of work duties at the beginning of shift.
- Report work progress at the end of the shift.
- Clean tank: vacuum and remove all FOD, use correct solvent, wipe heads of fasteners, tank rim and all surfaces where seal is applied.
- Apply seal to specifications; fillet seal, dome seal, injection seal.
- Indicate seal has been applied (wet seal) using tape and other tools.
- Keep work area clean and tidy; dispose of hazardous waste and store tools.
- Troubleshoot and problem- solve to come up with creative solutions when faced with obstacles to keep up with production demand.
- Use mirror technique of sealer application when working in an area that is not clearly visible.
- Use MSDS sheets to execute safety precautions when working with hazardous chemicals.
- Use correct solvent for application in specific work areas.
- High School Diploma.
- An Aircraft Maintenance Diploma is an asset.
- One year of sealing experience
- Past experience in cocking (tiles and windows) is an asset.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for...