AZ TRUCK DRIVER
Truck drivers are the people we rely on to make sure everything gets where it needs to be. Before starting a journey, drivers check the vehicle to make sure it is ready for the trip. This check includes things like fuel and oil levels, brakes, tires, lights, and cargo security. Drivers are also responsible for loading and unloading cargo. In addition to operating their trucks, drivers are also responsible for completing necessary paperwork, including keeping accurate logbooks, obtaining any required special permits, and possibly collecting payment for delivered goods. They communicate with dispatchers, mechanics, inspectors, and customers on a regular basis.
Your job may include all or some of the following:
- Do safety checks and maintenance on trucks
- Ensure loads are evenly distributed and secure
- Drive cargo to its destination, monitoring traffic and road conditions
- Obey road safety and transportation laws
- Maintain logbooks and delivery paperwork, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports
- Drive in a safe and timely manner
- Drivers licence (Class 1 or A)
- Driver's Licence (Class 3 or D)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Retention of a valid class drivers license and clean drivers abstract
- WHIMIS training is required
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required
- College training or industry experience is considered an asset
- Willing and able to work long hours, overtime and possible weekend work in various weather conditions
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- Strong mechanical knowledge with respect to the maintenance, servicing and repair of heavy duty equipment is an asset
- Be fit for work every day
There are occasions when the individual may come into contact with dust due to the site’s conditions and with fluids from the vehicles such as windshield washer, coolant and oil. Vehicle inspection regardless of weather conditions is required daily. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. There are physically demanding aspects of the job. This position is available immediately; therefore if you have a positive attitude, a desire to learn, and a drive to succeed please submit your resume online.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Why Choose MGI Construction Corp.?
When it comes to choosing a contractor or sub-contractor, experience counts. At MGI, our staff has a...