MFI Food Canada, Ltd. is a subsidiary of Michael Foods, Inc., a leading food processor and distributor with businesses in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products, with net sales exceeding $1.5 billion. Michael Foods companies have more than eight plants in Canada and the USA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance to production personnel
- Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; motivating, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Ensures that safe conditions exist at all times and safety policies are followed; will take appropriate action to protect the health and safety of employees
- Ensures Quality and Sanitation standards are met through working with Quality Department, full participation in the HACCP and SQF programs; frequent monitoring, review and implementation of Company and Government Policies
- Effectively uses daily production and KPI information to track costs, measure trends, communicate results, re-enforce success and initiate corrective action when appropriate
- Effectively communicates with the Maintenance Department to address concerns, maximize machine efficiencies and monitor equipment performance
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Develops and fosters strong and effective functional and cross-functional teams that effectively change systems and procedures through the process of continuous improvement;
- Pervious supervisory experience in a food manufacturing
- University Degree in Food Sciences or other related field, or a sufficient combination of education and experience to perform the duties.
- Knowledge of food processing operations, food safety requirements and
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement programs an asset
- Superior motivational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; SAP knowledge an asset
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative, results oriented and work well in a fast paced environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
We offer a work environment with challenges and opportunities to a wide variety of experiences. In addition to a competitive salary we offer a Bonus program and comprehensive group benefit package.
Please submit your resume stating salary requirements.
Indeed - 17 months ago