MFI Food Canada Ltd, a division of Minneapolis-based Michael Foods Inc is recognized as a global leader in the manufacturing of high technology, value-added egg products.
Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, this position is responsible for the implementation, administration, maintenance, and evaluation of the HACCP, SQF, Food Safety and Quality Systems to ensure continuous compliance to internal and regulatory standards.
Overview of Job
- Maintain and monitor all identified critical control points and pre-requisite systems within the facility to ensure that all food safety activities and documentation are consistent and accurate.
- Develop, or assist in the development of plant quality systems including the areas of sanitation and operations.
- Monitor compliance of the Quality System procedures.
- Organize plant-wide internal audits and training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all plant processes to aid in problem solving and trending results.
- Identify issues and continuous improvement opportunities, communicate and recommend corrective actions.
- Participate in on-site CFIA meetings regarding issues or concerns and lead the communication of corrective actions.
- Be involved with changes to production procedures to ensure Quality System compliance.
- Assist in the preparation for, and participate in audits of the facility.
- Be an active member or leader of various plant or company based teams.
- Degree in Food Science or related field
- 3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of HACCP, which includes development, implementation and assessment of food safety and quality programs.
- SQF or GFSI recognized scheme experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Provincial and Federal regulations pertaining to food processing
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including superior oral and written communication abilities.
- Must have great initiative to identify areas for continuous improvement and follow through with action plans to correct.
- Ability to develop and deliver training presentations.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office group of products.
- Flexibility to work evenings and night shift to observe processes or deliver training.
We offer a work environment with challenges and opportunities to a wide variety of experiences. We offer a competitive salary plus Bonus Program, comprehensive Group Benefits Package, and Retirement Program. Please submit resume including salary requirements.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
MFI Food Canada, Ltd. is a subsidiary of Michael Foods, Inc., a leading food processor and distributor with businesses in egg products,...