The Métis Community Services Society of BC (MCSBC) has a mandate from the Métis citizens to provide integrated, holistic, family centered, wraparound services to all those who need assistance, with special emphasis on Aboriginal populations, specifically Métis populations. We are responsible for the development and implementation of a full complement of child services from preventative to Child Protection, via a unique relationship where co-located MCFD social workers are in our office working closely with the team and management. MCSBC was started in 2003 and are seeking a qualified and energetic Executive Director (ED) with a diverse background combining management of a non-profit organization and all the various aspects of a social development in a Métis specific and culturally appropriate manner.
The Executive Director is hired by the Board of Directors and is responsible to them as a whole for the entirety of the organization. The Executive Director provides two-way communication and leadership, which directs the Board in determining the direction in decision-making, while ensuring sound policy adherence and program management.
- Management and Administrative background, extensive experience with child and family service in a Métis context is essential.
- Degree with considerable related experience [i.e. BSW/MSW, BBA/MBA (individuals with equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered)].
- Applicants should understand the role of a delegated agency under the Child, Family and Community Services Act.
- Have a demonstrated understanding of non-profit organizations, Aboriginal organizations & communities and board functions.
- Experience dealing with the Federal and Provincial governments and negotiating funding via proposal writing. Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of Federal and Provincial initiatives in relation to Aboriginal organizations is required.
- Knowledge of Métis culture is desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a:
detailed resume, cover letter and three references to the attention of Donna Cichelli via EMAIL.
**Closing date is Monday, May 6, 2013 at 4:00pm**