Position: Systems Analyst
Status: 6 month contract (with possible extension)
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Reports to: Manager, Finance and Marketing Systems
Methanex is the world’s largest producer and marketer of methanol. Its corporate headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada. Production facilities are located in New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Trinidad & Tobago and Chile, with sales offices in North America, South America, Europe and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is a clear biodegradable liquid chemical made primarily from natural gas. It is a versatile petrochemical feedstock with about two-thirds of methanol used to make countless consumer products such as synthetic textiles, recyclable plastics, household paints and adhesives and even common medicines such as ASA (acetylsalicylic acid). The remaining one-third of methanol demand is in energy-related applications, such as direct methanol blending into gasoline and for bio-diesel production.
Methanex is committed to Responsible Care, which is the umbrella program under which we manage issues related to health, safety, the environment, community involvement, social responsibility, sustainability, security and emergency preparedness at each of our locations. The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders wherever Methanex does business.
This exciting position is responsible for delivering customer focused technology systems enhancements and support to the culturally diverse global organization during its current growth and expansion. The role requires collaboration within the Vancouver based team as well as with key internal corporate customers around the world. The specific system areas in scope are Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Market Intelligence systems (comprising supply chain management) as well as the peripheral reporting, integration, and interfacing components associated with these systems.
- Assure timely resolution to technical issues and end user questions
- Provide follow up and ensure closure for IT customer service requests
- Establish effective working relationships with business groups and global stakeholders throughout the company
System Development and Management:
- Apply prior experience and expertise to proactively enhance the value and effectiveness of systems and processes
- Apply continuous improvement principles to business and technical processes and maintain a dialogue with stakeholders regarding the continuous improvement plan
- Gather, document, and analyse requirements, conduct analysis, design, develop, and test required modifications, interfaces, conversions and reports for assigned applications
- Ensure work requests and change control processes are followed and quality standards are met
- 5+ years of experience as a systems analyst developing and supporting PeopleSoft ERP systems
- Strong software development technical skills spanning the SDLC using a variety of technologies
- Advanced SQL and data modeling skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft development tools
- Strong business acumen and business analysis skills – especially in the areas of finance, marketing, and supply chain functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage competing priorities
- Conceptual skills to analyze situations and problems to find viable, timely solutions
- Ability and willingness to possibly travel internationally on occasion (1-2 trips per annum)
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports, Cognos, or similar analytics tools
- Experience with working in a global and culturally diverse organization