Methanex is the world’s largest producer and marketer of methanol. Its corporate headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada. Production facilities are located in New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Trinidad & Tobago and Chile, with sales offices in North America, South America, Europe and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is a clear biodegradable liquid chemical made primarily from natural gas. It is a versatile petrochemical feedstock with about two-thirds of methanol used to make countless consumer products such as synthetic textiles, recyclable plastics, household paints and adhesives and even common medicines such as ASA (acetylsalicylic acid). The remaining one-third of methanol demand is in energy-related applications, such as direct methanol blending into gasoline and for bio-diesel production.
Methanex is committed to Responsible Care, which is the umbrella program under which we manage issues related to health, safety, the environment, community involvement, social responsibility, sustainability, security and emergency preparedness at each of our locations. The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders wherever Methanex does business.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager, Corporate Reporting is responsible for managing all financial reporting processes which result in the production of internal and external reports of the Company. The Corporate Reporting team provides leadership to all regional financial teams and is also responsible for forward-looking forecasts and budgets.
- Provide effective leadership to members of the Corporate Reporting team; manage processes, develop a strong team and deliver on commitments
- Provide leadership to all financial reporting processes, ensuring accurate financial results and insightful analysis is delivered in external reporting documents
- Research and conclude on technical accounting issues that arise due to changes in the Company’s business or new accounting standards
- Build relationships with manufacturing and marketing teams to improve understanding of business and allow for better management reporting
- Use knowledge of business and strong analytical skills to produce accurate earnings and cash flow forecasts and budgets
- Develop and maintain group accounting policies and procedures through liaising with regional controllers
- Complete other ad hoc projects in accounting, treasury, finance or related fields as directed by the Corporate Controller or other member of Finance team
- Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5 + years experience in complex accounting environments with multiple regions and multiple currencies
- Experience in applying technical accounting issues to business operations (e.g. derivative financial instruments)
- Business savvy; curiosity to understand how business’ work
- Previous leadership of direct reports is considered a strong asset
- Experience and demonstrated good judgment in applying accounting principles to complex situations.
- Ability to forge relationships with partners, synthesize complex data and communicate analysis in a clear and confident manner.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong team player
- High drive for achieving results
- Creative perspective with ambition for career growth