Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets. With corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Canada, Methanex is a publicly traded global enterprise with manufacturing, marketing and supply chain capabilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is used in a range of industrial and consumer products, from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint. The fastest growing markets for the use of methanol are in the energy sector, including direct gasoline blending, dimethyl ether and biodiesel.
Methanex is a Responsible Care company committed to the safe, ethical and environmentally sound management of the chemicals it makes and uses. Responsible Care is an ethic established by the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC). The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders, wherever Methanex does business.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Leadership, this position works with regional learning and development specialists to coordinate, design and deliver identified learning, talent and leadership development programs and processes.
- Supports the coordination, design and delivery of identified internal leadership and learning programs.
- Updates and maintains learning materials, processes, calendars or catalogues.
- Reports on learning and development activity progress.
- Maintains learning and development inventory and sources learning and development supplies.
- Creates and maintains standard templates and tools for identified internal learning and leadership programs.
- Tracks global learning activities in relevant HR Systems.
- Assists in the preparation of annual talent management data, succession plans, graphs and reports.
- Supports the coordination of annual performance management process.
- Develops and maintains job aids and training materials in support of the performance and talent management process.
- Supports the coordination and delivery of global engagement surveys.
- Support the design and delivery of HR effectiveness surveys globally.
- Supports the Manager, Learning and Leadership and the Global Human Resource Team in the coordination and project management of ad hoc global HR initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources or adult learning.
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- 2-3 years working experience within the Human Resources function with a focus on development, leadership, performance management, and/or employee engagement.
- Knowledge of instructional design, adult learning principles, facilitation, leadership development, and engagement principles.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong facilitation skills.
As a member of the Human Resources team, this person relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the organization. This person builds appropriate rapport and fosters effective relationships. They are able to use diplomacy and tact and can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and bosses. This person commands attention and can manage group process during presentations. They can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
In resolving problems, this person goes beyond the first answer to look at other possibilities. He or she will be able to decide and act without having the total picture. Ideally this person doesn’t have to finish things before moving on, and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.