Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets. With corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Canada, Methanex is a publicly traded global enterprise with manufacturing, marketing and supply chain capabilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is used in a range of industrial and consumer products, from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint. The fastest growing markets for the use of methanol are in the energy sector, including direct gasoline blending, dimethyl ether and biodiesel.
Methanex is a Responsible Care company committed to the safe, ethical and environmentally sound management of the chemicals it makes and uses. Responsible Care is an ethic established by the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC). The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders, wherever Methanex does business.
As a member of the Vancouver IT Support Services team, the IT Customer Service Analyst is responsible for providing daily technical support to all Vancouver office users, including troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems. The Customer Service Analyst is expected to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences and reducing calls to the helpdesk.
Provide IT user support:
- Respond to first line support requests (by phone, in person, and e-mail) for computer related issues for all employees, locally in Vancouver with occasional global support, up to and including senior executives.
- Provide advanced level support for Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
- Provide computer setup and conduct IT orientation for new employees.
- Train employees (one-on-one or in groups) on any new desktop applications and hardware upgrades.
- Set up hardware/software/equipment required for online presentations, teleconferences and videoconferences and troubleshoot, as required.
- Troubleshoot antivirus, OS and third party patches, remote access and local network connectivity.
- Provide 24x7 on call support on a rotation basis.
Maintain and manage IT hardware/software:
- Diagnose hardware issues/failures.
- Maintain desktop software and hardware.
- Communicate with third party vendors regarding effective and timely solutions.
- Install and test new parts and equipment.
- Maintain desktop hardware and software inventory lists (i.e. User assignment, equipment ID, warranty information, physical features of equipment).
- Administer laptop and projector loaner pool.
- Maintain desktop software inventory lists (including licenses).
Report and Document:
- Update problem tracking tool with user issues and remedies.
- Provide monthly reports to supervisor.
- Provide quarterly report regarding after hours workload/customer requests.
- Provide user account reports for compliance purposes.
- Document IT Help Desk processes and procedures.
IT Projects as Needed:
- Participate as needed as a resource on Vancouver-based IT projects. Projects could range from rolling out or upgrading software, hardware or introducing new technology to the end users.
- Provide training on the new software, hardware or technology
- Technical diploma or degree.
- A+ Certification.
- Microsoft and/or Cisco Certifications
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- At least 1-2 year of experience in a technical support environment.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (version 2010).
- Hands-on experience with desktops, laptops and providing support with Windows XP and Windows 7 in a network environment.
- Extremely proficient with email systems (MS Outlook).
- Ability to use helpdesk ticketing system (such as ServiceDesk Plus) to log issues, resolutions and change requests
- Experience supporting Enterprise Content Management Systems such as Opentext Livelink or SharePoint would be an advantage
- Familiarity with client management software such as WSUS and Antivirus management software
- Experience using desktop imaging software
- Ability to provide training one-on-one and in group settings
- Must have solid working experience with remote access.
- Experience in supporting and administering Local Areas Networks (LAN) and IP Telephony environments.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (able to prioritize).
- Strong ability to take the initiative when resolving customer issues.
- Proficient business writing skills (end-user communications).
- Works well independently and also as part of team.