Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets. With corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Canada, Methanex is a publicly traded global enterprise with manufacturing, marketing and supply chain capabilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is used in a range of industrial and consumer products, from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint. The fastest growing markets for the use of methanol are in the energy sector, including direct gasoline blending, dimethyl ether and biodiesel.
Methanex is a Responsible Care company committed to the safe, ethical and environmentally sound management of the chemicals it makes and uses. Responsible Care is an ethic established by the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC). The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders, wherever Methanex does business.
The Executive Assistant, Finance is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the SVP, Finance & CFO and the Tax department in the execution of their duties.
- Providing general daily administrative support to the SVP, Finance & CFO. This includes managing the calendar and appointments; drafting correspondence; photocopying; couriering; and sorting mail.
- Providing administrative support to the Tax department, as needed.
- Ensuring the SVP, Finance & CFO is well prepared in advance of Board meetings, Audit Committee meetings, Management meetings and investor trips. Organize materials and manage action items.
- Compiling and reproducing meeting materials.
- Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of the departmental budget.
- Supporting the SVP, Finance & CFO in executing financial strategies.
- Exercising judgement in responding to general inquires while preserving confidentiality.
- Organizing Finance and IT events as required including communication sessions, team building and one to one lunches as well as other internal and external events.
- Arranging accurate, cost effective and timely travel arrangements. Seamlessly prepare travel folders, organize visas, book flights, hotels, transportation and meeting agendas.
- Ensuring effective communication channels are in place between CFO and internal teams and individuals.
- Proactively improving processes in everyday workflow
- Maintaining monthly vacation spread sheets and completing monthly expenses.
- Mentoring, supporting and providing back-up to Finance, Investor Relations and Information Technology assistants.
- Providing cover and support to CEO assistant when required.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Financial background, exposure to financial reports and board reporting.
- Previous experience working in a public company.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent administrative skills (planning, organizing and coordinating, travel, meetings and events.)
- Ability to manage confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written.)
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and challenging timelines.
- Conceptual skills to analyze situations and problems to find viable, timely solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as having the ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and flexible with sense of humor and balanced perspective.