Methanex is the world’s largest producer and marketer of methanol. Its corporate headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada. Production facilities are located in New Zealand, Canada, the United States, Trinidad & Tobago and Chile, with sales offices in North America, South America, Europe and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is a clear biodegradable liquid chemical made primarily from natural gas. It is a versatile petrochemical feedstock with about two-thirds of methanol used to make countless consumer products such as synthetic textiles, recyclable plastics, household paints and adhesives and even common medicines such as ASA (acetylsalicylic acid). The remaining one-third of methanol demand is in energy-related applications, such as direct methanol blending into gasoline and for bio-diesel production.
Methanex is committed to Responsible Care, which is the umbrella program under which we manage issues related to health, safety, the environment, community involvement, social responsibility, sustainability, security and emergency preparedness at each of our locations. The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders wherever Methanex does business.
This position provides daily administrative support to the Vancouver Human Resources team, which includes travel planning and coordination, filing, documentation, photocopying and other administrative tasks. This position also supports the broader Human Resources team in general HR related activities (Learning and Development, Total Rewards, and Global Mobility). This position contributes to the efficiency of the department by creating a well-organized, efficient and functional environment.
- Provides general daily administrative support to the HR team, including sending calendar appointments, faxing, photocopying, couriers, and mail.
- Creates and maintains central filing system.
- Coordinates conference calls and meetings, including booking rooms and equipment, setting up catering, and preparing agendas.
- Coordinates and plans team building events.
- Coordinates travel and visa requirements for HR team within guidelines of the Global Travel policy. Prepares comprehensive travel itinerary for traveller.
- Prepares and codes expense reports for HR team.
- Participates in annual budget process and codes invoices for HR department.
- ECM (Electronic Content Management) Super User; inclusive of permission management and overall structure of HR folder.
- Provides administrative support to HR team during compensation cycle.
- Prepares confirmation of employment and visa letters as required.
- Prepares offer and acceptance packages for new hires. Ensures all printed documents are up-to-date and filed accurately.
- Provides back-up support to the HR Executive Assistant and HR Coordinator. Tasks include, but not limited to, PeopleSoft entry, administration of VP, Human Resources and Director, Human Resources calendars, and new hire orientations.
- Supports HR Coordinator with preparation of pension committee meetings.
- Develops and regularly updates HR Administrative Assistant handbook.
- Maintains the HR pages on the intranet; on-going design and improvement of pages.
- Supports Total Rewards function with compensation cycle, security access, and benefit booklets.
- Supports Manager, Global Human Resources with annual conferences and scheduling.
- Supports Learning and Development function with coordinating training events, including preparing communications and meeting materials, venue selection, catering, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience in a similar role (HR experience not required).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing).
- Close attention to detail and accuracy,
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast environment.
- Proactive, self-directed and highly motivated
- A sense of humour and ability to be flexible with a balanced perspective.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -