High energy, growing mechanical/electrical firm requires Purchasing Cooridnator to liason with field staff, project managers and suppliers. Must have 5 yrs experience+ in data base & inventory management and have extensive knowkledge of mechanical & electrical parts.
- Maintain and update Accubid/Maestro material databases.
- Coordinate material requirements for pricing, procurement and delivery with project managers and site foreman.
- Coordinate with Electrical/mechanical division for material requirements and pricing.
- Create and maintain strong professional relationships with primary trade partners to optimize bulk purchasing opportunities and negotiate project pricing.
- Review all supplier invoices, and audit/negotiate material pricing.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to utilize existing stock for all job requirements and work to eliminate avoidable material purchases.
- Coordinate with field staff to manage day-to-day material purchases, and provide purchase orders for ALL purchases to field staff at time of order.
- Coordinate and track all material returns and credits.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned so long as those duties or tasks do not conflict with company policies or sound business practice.
Indeed - 20 months ago