An opportunity exists for a Payroll/Benefits (Health & Safety) at Merit Glass Ltd.
The Payroll & Accounting/H&S Administrator is responsible for the timely accurate processing of full cycle weekly payroll. As well as general accounting duties, maintaining the Workwell Safety program, ensuring the Training records are current and preserve confidentiality in all matters related to the employee Benefits Program. This position requires the ability to multi-task, excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Processing of full payroll cycle on a weekly basis.
- Setup, update and maintain employee information into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordination of payroll activities to ensure all pay data is compiled, processed and reconciled on time to meet all payroll deadlines.
- Verify all information received is complete, i.e. time sheets, new hire orientation packages, training certifications, tax forms, etc.
- Responding to payroll inquiries from employee, government agencies and unions concerning basic payroll matters.
- Assisting with month end/year end procedures / balancing /WSIB
- Maintain the Health and Safety Workwell Program
- Co-Ordinate Health and Safety Orientation for new hires
- Support the Employee Benefit Program - Administers benefits and RRSP’s for employees including processing enrollments, terminations and changes.
- Continuous upkeep of employee Training Records
- Active member of Merit Glass Joint Health and Safety committee
- Track and follow up with workplace inspections, accident and incidents and any WSIB related issues.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Post Secondary in Accounting
- Ability to multi-task and work under extremely tight time lines
- Previous payroll experience in a full cycle payroll environment
- Experience working in a Unionized environment is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of payroll, job cost and financial accounting
- Ability to process terminations and issue ROE’s
- Understanding the importance of Health and Safety Program. Develop and implement Health and Safety policies, procedures and support our current Workwell program to achieve our objectives
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Strong communication, organization and people skills
- Excellent organizational skills and must be able to utilize time management, set priorities and organize workload to effectively accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard