MEOW Foundation (Make Each One Wanted) is a Calgary-based no-kill registered charity and humane society that rescues abandoned cats and matches them to adopters and foster homes. We advocate for responsible, compassionate animal care through our programs, education and community outreach. Since 2000 MEOW has found permanent homes for over 5700 abandoned cats. MEOW provides Spay Neuter services to more than 100 low income families per month. Through our Trap Neuter Return program we contribute to a decline in the growth of feral cat colonies in Calgary.
MEOW Foundation (MEOW) is seeking one (1) part-time Foster Home Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will care deeply about cats, work well with people, is organized and consistently delivers on their commitments and responsibilities.
Reporting directly to the Intake Manager, responsibilities are focused on trapping of mother and kittens, foster home communication and coordination and include the following:
- Field work which includes humane trapping of mothers and kittens.
- Flexible and available, on-call daytime hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and could include weekends.
- Driving to all areas of Calgary.
- Management of foster home capacity which may include delivery of cats and kittens to foster homes and required on-call availability from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hosting of foster home orientation evenings
- Based on MEOW policies and guidelines and using a live data base system, the Foster Home Program Coordinator will be responsible for the initial placement of all foster cats and kittens into available foster homes.
- Implements all health and wellness requirements for foster cats and kittens including tracking and authorizing vaccines, spays and neuters and all other necessary medical requirements.
- Managing, ordering and providing all supplies necessary to foster homes.
- Liaising with the Adoption Department to ensure all foster cat health details are completed in preparation for adoption.
- Successful foster home coordination and the health of foster cats requires excellent and detailed documentation and must respond in a prompt and efficient manner for assistance or information.
- The Foster Home Coordinator must be comfortable working with the public, possess excellent judgement and composure, as well as superior communication and negotiating skills, and are able to resolve issues in a constructive and practical manner.
- The number of hours per week required will vary based on kitten season. (April to October) On average, the hours per week will vary from 5 and up to 20 hours per week during kitten season.
- Access to a vehicle is essential as considerable on-call driving is required.
- The Foster Home Program Coordinator must have a home computer with current version of Word, Excel, Internet Explorer or Firefox, internet access, printer and telephone line.
The successful candidate(s) will have experience in animal services combined with experience working with and interacting with people in a professional manner. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Only candidates with the required availability will be considered.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Only applications submitted through the respective email address will be acknowledged.