This is two-year contract position (full time).
Established in 2000, MEOW Foundation is a cat-specific registered not-for-profit organization with a no-kill mandate. We rescue and provide food, shelter and medical care to stray and abandoned cats in Calgary, and facilitate their adoption into new loving permanent homes. MEOW also offers a subsidized Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP), Cat Food Assistance Program and Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Program for feral cats. Through our programs, we advocate for responsible, compassionate animal care and have helped more than 14,000 cats in need
MEOW Foundation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Fundraising & Communications Coordinator to contribute to MEOW’s long term objectives in fundraising, communications, event management, collateral development and digital media management. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Fund Development, the Fundraising & Communications Coordinator will:
- Oversee day-to-day fundraising and communications activities
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and fund development plans, expanding MEOW program reach and growing donor base
- Provide event coordination for signature fundraising events
- Support MEOW capital campaign fundraising activities
- Develop, write and edit copy for inclusion in e-newsletters, MEOW website, brochures, annual reports and other collateral
- Update and maintain website content as needed
- Degree or diploma in marketing/communications, business development or related field; fund development or non-profit studies considered an asset
- Minimum two years’ experience in communications, fundraising or event management; non-profit and/or animal welfare-related work experience considered an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience updating/maintaining WordPress websites; knowledge of HTML and CSS an asset
- The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill and knowledge of the charitable not-for-profit sector
- Able to work from home and travel to meeting locations in all quadrants of the city
- Access to a computer, internet, printer, phone and other office equipment required
Interested Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by clicking the "Apply" button below. To learn more about MEOW Foundation, please visit www.meowfoundation.com.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
MEOW Foundation (Make Each One Wanted) is a Calgary-based no-kill registered charity and humane society that rescues abandoned cats and...