Med e-Care Health Care Solutions Inc. is looking for experienced SQL Database Administrator to join our growing IT team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. This is a production DBA role.
- 5+ years of direct work related MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 experience in an enterprise-level DBA role
- BA or BS degree required, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and database scripts
- Working knowledge with Red Gate SQL Server tools a definite asset.
- Experience in Database Administration in Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Active/Active and Active/Passive clustered environment.
- Batch scripting and Job scheduling experience in Windows environment
- Collaborate with the development team on logical models and physical database design
- Works to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases perform well and are compliant with up-to-date patching
- Proactively monitors the instances to ensure secure systems with minimum downtime
- Provides maintenance to the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Working experience on SQL Cluster environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, Transactional replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Understanding of HIPAA and other IT security standards in a healthcare environment
- Familiar configuration management and software version control concepts
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Disaster recovery planning experience
- Previous experience in a rapid growth environment
About Med e-Care
Med e-Care Healthcare Solutions Inc. is a Toronto-based software development company that serves hundreds of health care facilities, across Canada and internationally, providing administrative and clinical software solutions, as well as consulting services. Founded in 1997, Med e-Care has grown to be the leading health care solutions provider in Canada.
Please e-mail your resume, along with a cover letter
Indeed - 4 months ago
Software developing company that sells to Long Term Care, Retirement Homes and hospitals