We are looking to fill a one year role for Java Developer for our client. Here are some requirements, associated to this role:
- Lead all development activities for the assigned system components which includes, but is not limited to, coding, documentation, unit testing, defect resolution.
- Work closely with systems analysts during the design review sessions to provide instruction and recommendations on best coding design, impacts and options.
- Work closely with business analysts and quality assurance analysts to confirm that the application code meets the business and system requirements that are outlined in the detailed design, during the analysis and user acceptance, testing, and implementation phases of the development lifecycle.
- Assist systems analysts in the documentation of design, functional, and technical specifications and deployment guides.
- Participate in all phases of the systems development lifecycle from analysis and design, development and coding, acceptance testing, and implementation, and work with project team members to review, evaluate, and approve project deliverables and documentation.
- Develop and code, including links, application components prototypes as a proof-of concept during design phase, as assigned.
- Coding, testing, and debugging of the code drop/code release developed based on the assigned
- Code all assigned application components in accordance with the approved detailed design specifications.
- Prepare code drop/code release deployment packages in preparation for release to production, and co-ordinate code deployment into various environments (i.e. test, staging, and production).
- Conduct and assist in code and design reviews.
- Provide accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality/enhancements and review the estimates from other team members for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with the Cluster technical staff to identify performance and/or availability issues for the code drop/code release developed and provide solutions.
- Lead development activities during the defect resolution cycle during the acceptance test.
- Write database scripts for assigned application components.
- Obtain Client or Cluster application architect approval for all code drop/code release changes for assigned application components.
- Develop and code system components that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Provide a defect free code drop/code release according to the Cluster’s development standards for the assigned application components.
- Provide quality assurance for the code drop/code release (includes: unit testing, functional testing, load testing, tuning and regression testing, providing defect resolution and a fully tested application component.
- Provide documented source code for the assigned application components and obtain approval, acceptance, and sign-off by the Cluster on the final code drop/code release.
- Obtain acceptance and approval by the Cluster and the project team for all assigned deliverables. Ensure all artefacts are in compliance with Government of Ontario – Information Technology Standards (GO ITS) 54 Standards.
- Actively participate in and contribute to weekly project team meetings and document review meetings, and when required facilitate and lead meetings.
- Provide weekly report confirming status of the assigned tasks
The Vendor’s Personnel will also be required to:
- Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines;
- Notify the Cluster/Ministry project Manager in writing of any issues or other material concerns related to the Assignment Deliverables, as soon as the he/she becomes aware of them;
- Submit Deliverables for the Cluster/Ministry approval as they are completed;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry security procedures and practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry architecture/technology standards and best practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines;
- Provide knowledge and skill transfer to a designated Cluster/Ministry staff; and
- Comply with the Ontario Government I&IT Directive, Operational Policy on the I&IT Project Gateway Process, and other applicable Guidelines, Standards and Procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of design experience.
- At least 5 years of Service Oriented Architecture (“SOA”) design and development experience.
Connectivity/Structured Query Language (JDBC/SQL).
- Strong knowledge of Struts, JSP and being able to build dynamic UI (presentation tier) based on dynamic input from database.
- Conduct PoC on Coaches to integrate with external services.
- Strong knowledge of Java scripts.
- Experience interfacing with relational databases utilizing Java Database Experience with Java Message Service (JMS), JEE Connector Architecture, and transaction management.
- Knowledge of Zachman Row 3 and 4 artefacts.
- Applications with ODA Compliance.
- Working knowledge of Rational Unified Process design artefacts; strong Unified Modelling Language (UML) expertise e.g. State charts, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Diagrams.
- Knowledge of performance considerations at the time of design and deployment.
- Experience with different presentation and server side frameworks (e.g., Struts, Spring, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java Persistence Application Programming Interface (JPA) etc); Understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Experience with different presentation and server side frameworks (i.e., Struts2, Spring, EJB 3.0, JPA etc).
- Experience with Open text will be an asset.
- Experience with JEE application Servers, IBM Web Sphere.
- Experience with Web Service implementation, and WS-security, application security.
- Deep Knowledge of Websphere Security.
- Knowledge in BPM using Web Sphere Integration Developer (WID) on Web Sphere Process Server (WPS) or Web Sphere Enterprise Service Bus (WESB).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in writing the build script.
- Must have worked in project based environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to work under pressure and in high pace environment.
- Must be able to pass required Government security clearance.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Indeed - 7 months ago