Social Media Customer Service Representative
Company: MDG Computers Canada Inc
Job Category: Customer Service
Career Level: Junior to Intermediate
Location: Oakville, Mississauga/ON
Status: Full Time, Employee
Relevant work experience: 1 – 2 years
MDG Computers, a Canadian Success Story – Growing Again!
MDG Computers Canada Inc. "Canada's Largest Selling PC Brand," is a wholly Canadian owned manufacturer, distributor and seller of quality computers. With a solid reputation in the Canadian marketplace, 28 growing retail franchises, and a growing corporate team, MDG maintains a strong competitive position targeting consumer, government, and commercial markets.
To support the ongoing growth of our Corporate Customer Service Group, we have an immediate need for a professional, media savvy and courteous “Social Media Customer Service Representative.” The position is based out of our head office in Oakville – near the Mississauga border (public transportation is available).
- Work closely alongside Marketing to manage the MDG brand and reputation online through various web and social media platforms.
- Maintain the MDG image and act as the frontline brand management by interacting with customers and fans in real time.
- Maintain daily social media activities and posting schedules.
- Respond to client initiated conversations to answer questions, offer solutions and mediate conversation.
- Listen, understand and respond to a high volume of inbound customer service calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effectively track inquiries and respond in a timely fashion.
- Investigate shipment and delivery, status of repairs, billing inquiries, product questions, and warranty questions on behalf of customers.
- Manage conflicting situations over the telephone.
- High level knowledge with social media platforms including Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Passion for providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Call Centre experience considered an asset.
- Experience in web navigation and email applications.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, good time management skills.
- Previous experience in problem solving or case resolution.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to customize responses in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated customer service and problem solving ability.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
If you are interested in joining a Canadian owned and operated success story please apply now. Applicants are strongly urged to apply directly online.
No agencies or telephone calls please.