Junior Network Administrator
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Oakville, ON/Head Office
Experience: 1-2 years
MDG Computers Canada Inc. is a leader in the computer technology arena. Over the last 20 years, MDG has grown to become “The Largest Canadian Owned PC Brand.” Our portfolio of award-winning PCs, Notebooks, and Servers are relied upon by consumers, businesses and government agencies across Canada.
With over 200 employees and growing, we are committed to be the best managed technology company in Canada. MDG has a dynamic and vibrant corporate culture with a driving force to continually improve and cultivate a winning team environment.
We have an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable “Junior Network Administrator” for our Head Office location in Oakville- near the Mississauga border. The Junior Network Administrator provides general internal desktop and server support.
- Provide year-end working paper files/spreadsheets and provide assistance to external auditors.
- Provide general desktop support to internal users including network connectivity, troubleshooting, computer repair, and replacement.
- Install new computers, printers and telephony infrastructure.
- Provide backup management.
- Create reports in Microsoft Excel and / or Crystal Reports
- Complete anti-virus and anti spy ware management.
- Manage windows updates.
- Responsible for reporting on spyware and anti-virus status.
- Assist in monitoring network security.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/Windows 7, Active Directory, Group Policies, Roaming Profiles, Login scripts.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 a must.
- Knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Ethernet; Routers/switches/firewalls, DHCP and DNS, and VPN.
- Post secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Computer Networking or Data Communications.
- 1-2 years of experience related to the above mentioned technologies.
- MS Certifications are desirable (MCP or MCDST).
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and execute on multiple goals with minimal supervision.
Nice to have skills:
- MS SQL Server, MS Exchange 2007/2010 MS CRM 3.0.
- Experience with Unix/Asterisk
- Ethernet and network cabling.
If you are interested in capitalizing on this exciting opportunity with one of Canada’s leading technology companies, please submit your resume. No agencies or telephone calls please.
Indeed - 17 months ago