The Human Resources Specialist assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Specialist carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll, benefits, training and development, employee relations, recruiting, and reporting. This is a hand-on role.
- Communicate company policies and provide recommendations on how to improve internal processes
- Ensure that HR files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures
- Process new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientation
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of HR Communications
- Answer employee inquiries concerning benefit coverage in Canada & US
- Track and report on employee data (e.g. vacation time, payroll data, personnel files, etc)
- Complete monthly and year-end HR Metrics reports regarding terminations, transfers, and new hires.
- Recruit for new hires within Corporate
- May be responsible for the creation and launch of small scale HR Programs
- Training – coordinate and schedule live training sessions
- Assist with event planning.
- Provide general administrative support to the VP of Talent Evolution.
- 3-5 years well rounded HR Generalist experience with general knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience with American and Canadian healthcare administration
- Experience with payroll processing
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience designing organizational charts using Visio
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time between Canada & United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
MDC Partners is an equal opportunity employer and offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation and sick time and much more.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -