About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD: Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
The Trust Administrator provides administrative support to the Senior Trust Officer (STO) ensuring timely and high quality administration of Estates and Trusts. This position contributes to maintaining high standards of client service, quality control and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess daily workloads to determine priorities in conjunction with STO
- Maintains a high level of communication with STO, Estate & Trust Advisor (ETA), Regional Trust Officer (RTO) Regional Trust Administrator (RTA) and Tax Specialist (TS) on estate and trust administration issues
- Recognizes and elevates administrative issues for resolution to minimize risk exposure
- Confirms, researches and collects estate assets
- Completes tasks with accuracy, first time right
- Prepares standard letters, forms, releases required for estate and trust administration
- Diarizes and follows up on initial inquiry and collection activities with third parties using a variety of communication tools keeping STO, ETA, RTO and RTA informed of progress
- Prepares account opening, initial set up of document files and on-going maintenance activities for estate and trust accounts, including closing of accounts Obtains documents, including notarial copies of Wills, Declarations of Transmission, Death Certificates, as required Co-ordinates the receipt and distribution of assets, including re-registration of assets and cash distributions Mails letters and documents with enclosures Prepares payments and deposits for accounts Completes research as required to search data/information under direction of STO (i.e. confirming balances, stock or bond prices, ex-dividend dates, etc.) Elevates bottlenecks with service providers to STO
- Prepares inventory (assets & liabilities) for new estates under direction of STO
- Prepares Plans of Partition for Estates / Trusts in distribution under direction of STO
- Maintains status checklists and reports on administration progress to comply with MDPT Client Service Commitments, Internal Service Standards and statutory deadlines Assembles information required for tax preparation for the Estate / Trust Manage documents and correspondence for Estates & Trusts
Education and Experience:
- Community College Diploma or Equivalent On-going development through ICB Trust Services Courses preferred Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred
- Strong knowledge of PC applications, including Excel and MS Word Bilingual (English / French required)
- 4 years related experience in a financial institution
- Ability to interpret legal documents
- Excellent organizational and priority setting skills
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and strong follow through capabilities
- Ability to adapt to change Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
Apply online at www.mdm.ca/careers
Indeed - 30+ days ago
About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of...