About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD: Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports to: AVP, Program Management Office
The project manager is responsible for all aspects of projects including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing of a wide variety of projects covering IT, finance, product and software. The project manager is accountable for delivering the project on time, on budget while meeting or exceeding stated success criteria.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, resource management, risk management, issue management and decision management
- Develops and maintains the project plan
- Conducts analysis of all scope related changes and assesses impact on project plan, timeline and budget
- Performs risk management and impact analysis
- Oversees project budget, as well as the budget for discretionary capital expense items
- Maintains a detailed status, risk and issues report to present to sponsors and managers
- Communicates regularly with project executives on the status of the project, obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives
- Acts as the primary liaison/facilitator between the project team and the business area to ensure business requirements are being met
- Work is performed and administrative and technical decisions are made with considerable independence
- As member of the IT management team, actively raises issues and recommends solutions/directions
- Provides creative/integrated solutions to complex problems which balance scope, time and quality
- Promotes the project management function and discipline by working with business units to ensure they adhere to the PMO practices. Works within the PMO to define and update processes to contribute to continuous improvement within the organization
- Communicates effectively at all levels from executive level presentations to working level meetings
- Effectively manages a wide variety of stakeholders and key players including business & technical teams, third party vendors and consultants.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related discipline
- P.M.P. certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of senior project management experience in IT or technology or finance
- ITIL experience preferred
- Strong leadership ability, exceptional organization skills, proven facilitation competency
- High team focus while working independently to fulfill objectives
- Superior verbal and communication skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous
- Self-starter, proactive and ability to influence, facilitate and negotiate with cross-functional teams
- Strong management skills including performance management and hiring
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- MS Project proficiency
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
Posting End Date: June 16, 2013
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
MD Physician Services is a wealth and practice management firm with an unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs. Owned by the...