About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD: Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
Under the supervision of the Manager – Financial Analysis, the primary responsibility of this position is to provide financial analysis and support to Finance Business Partners and senior management within the MDPSI. This includes decision making, financial analysis, data gathering, conducting research on special projects and answering enquiries from staff and managers throughout the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Finance Business Partners in the support of business activities of assigned client groups. Examples of support include:
- Preparation of the monthly financial report for the assigned Functional Area (Divisions within the company) including commentary on the monthly variance for assigned Functional Area
- Preparation of monthly analysis of salary variance for assigned Functional Area
- Preparation of business cases
- Developing effective techniques for financial analysis in order to provide more effective service to the Functional Areas
- The management of transaction type questions (e.g. what is the cost centre, what was charged to my cost, etc.)
- Works with Finance colleagues to develop, enhance and implement Finance programs and policies.
- Provides guidance, counsel and direction to staff and managers, within the Company, in finance programs and policies.
- In consultation with the Finance Business Partners develop budget templates and assist with the budget process (i.e. data capture, budget reporting and accuracy of data).
- Under the direction of the Finance Business Partner, leads or participates in ad hoc special projects at either the Functional Area level or the enterprise level.
- Assist with the development of clear and concise presentations, particularly to non-finance individuals.
Education & Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience, with a college or university degree
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, manage time and prioritize projects to ensure that deadlines are met
- Commitment to achieving superior client service results
- Advanced Excel, Word and Power point skills
- Proven ability to interact and lead dialogue with internal clients, external professionals and senior management
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise judgment within the scope of responsibilities assigned
- Professional designation (CA, CGA, or CMA) would be an asset
- Responsible for multiple projects and goals, using professional concepts, skills and knowledge
- Considered a professional and requires planning and communication skills to explore customer needs and establish goals
- Requires ability to complete assignments with little guidance
- Uses professional skills to explore customer needs, create plans and establish goals.
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
Apply online at www.mdm.ca/careers
Indeed - 18 months ago
About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of...