Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator
MCIS Language Services is a non-profit social enterprise which serves over 1500 agencies in over 200 languages. We are committed to our vision of creating a world where people can interact as if there were no language barriers. This is your opportunity to add value to a fast growing organization with a productive work culture.
Working at the corporate office, the Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator reports to the Resource Development Manager. The incumbent of this position is responsible for implementing the recruitment plan and processing information from languages professionals, partaking in interviews as necessary. This role is also responsible for administration functions related to recruitment such as job postings, recruitment statistics and other related research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, post and maintain online job postings as needed and run recruitment advertising campaigns and manage corresponding budget;
- Administrate recruitment activities for languages professionals’ positions and assignments. This includes verbal and written communications with candidates via e-mail and phone;
- Conduct pre-screening interviews of potential interpreters;
- Coordinate interview schedules, and managing the pre-employment process by communicating with groups and individuals via phone and e-mail;
- Prioritize and schedule recruitment activities according to needs, targets and deadlines;
- Coordinate targeted recruitment with cultural centres and agencies;
- Coordinate reactive recruitment (resourceful, good researcher);
- Contribute to coordination and development of special recruitment, testing and training projects identified by the Resource Development Manager;
- Create and maintain contact with candidates on a consistent basis, follow ups;
- Maintain an applicant tracking system;
- Responsible for selection of subsidy applicants and manage corresponding budget;
- Research key recruitment indicators to assist in recruitment planning;
- Prepare reports on recruitment progress to the supervisor and provide with initiatives to increase success in recruitment targets;
- Inform the supervisor about the effectiveness of recruitment activities and the overall plan;
- Research potential media to market recruitment and recommend new advertising strategies;
- Attend job fairs, workshops, AGMs, and other recruitment events, as needed.
Other Employment requirements:
- Excellent English and French proficiency, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work independently with initiative and leadership;
- An authentic team player with problem-solving and resourcefulness skills needed;
- Interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and positive attitude;
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking;
- Recruitment practices, sales experience and customer service is an asset;
- Proficiency in diverse computer applications Microsoft Office and Internet search engines;
- Data management;
- Knowledge of languages and world cultures a definite asset.
Education & Experience
The Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator will have a general post-secondary education (university degree/college diploma), or a combination of experience and training. The Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator must have at least 3 years of relevant experience in order to effectively fulfill the functions of this position. This experience will be comprised of recruitment, customer relations management, data entry, and/or working in a culturally diverse environment. Preference will be given to individuals with previous recruitment experience.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, August 29th, 2014
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, August 29th, 2014.