McGregor Construction 2000 Ltd is an engineering, procurement and construction company that has been designing, supplying, and installing power lines and substations throughout Western Canada since 1925. McGregor works with clients in several sectors including energy and distribution providers, telecommunications, mining, oil sands development, municipalities, real estate developers and electrical contractors. The strength of our Company is our skilled work force and our reputation is for reliability and quality design work.
McGregor Construction 2000 Ltd is currently seeking a full-time, permanent, Material Manager to joining our growing team.
The Material Manager is mainly responsible for the purchase, receipt, inspection, storage and delivery of electrical supplies and products that are to be used for electrical construction projects. Some of the tasks that the manager will handle are the following;
- Review Engineering drawings to determine procurement and fabrication requirements
- Issue timely and comprehensive purchase orders and subcontracts on awarded projects to the most competitive and responsive bidders who will perform within time constraints of the project
- Processing changes and extras to order scope and determine schedule requirements
- Reviewing the Project Schedule deliverables and identifying areas of concern and or delay
- Evaluate and analyze proposed pricing from suppliers and present recommendations based on gathered information
- Make and maintain appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with project team members.
- Work closely with the estimators/project managers in the submission of bid proposals
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintain good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Purchasing, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
- 5+ years in materials control position in an electrical utility field
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven accuracy skills
- Strong planning, time management and documentation skills
- Planning and/or scheduling experience
- Purchasing experience
- Engineering or other technical designation graduate
What we offer
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan including a HCSA, defined benefit pension plan, profit sharing plan, continuous professional development and flexible schedules to help with work-life balance. McGregor offers employees exciting opportunities to grow within our company.
Our office is in a non-downtown location with easy access, which includes great building amenities such as a free onsite fitness facility, and free parking. We work in a friendly, youthful, cubicle free environment, with a casual dress code.