MicroAge is expanding their Network Service Team and is looking for an experienced Network Analyst to join our team in Chatham, Ontario. The Network Analyst will work closely with several members of the MicroAge Team to support various clients, providing a combination of operational support, project work and consulting services. While the most critical qualifications required for this position relate to networking, the ideal candidate has a broad range of IT infrastructure related interests and skill sets. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies across various client environments.
- Design, deploy, maintain and support IT infrastructure solutions leveraging a variety of technologies, with a primary focus on networking
- Evaluate performance of existing IT environments and technologies in use by our clients and document recommend changes to improve operational effectiveness
- Maintain documentation including assisting with the development of reports on IT solutions to support department direction or strategies
- Coordinate with vendors as required for support, patches, version upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Provide escalated end user support as required by phone, remote control, and email, including hardware and software troubleshooting for equipment including desktops, printers, servers, network equipment, phone systems, and other technologies
- Provide regular, proactive updates to internal MicroAge Teams as well as client representatives Continuous learning and advancement of technical skills as required to best support your clients, including self-study, lab time and pursuit of relevant certifications
- Minimum 2-3 years of related network administration and/or IT consulting experience
- Degree or Diploma with a related IT concentration is strongly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of networking technologies, including switching/routing, network security, and wireless, is a mandatory requirement
- Experience with a broad range of vendor platforms is desirable
- Certifications relating to server technologies such as MCSE is strongly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of other related infrastructure technologies is an asset. Examples of technology skills that would be considered an asset include:
- Microsoft server operating systems and related systems such as Active Directory 2008 R2, Exchange server, Lync, Terminal Server, and SQL Server
- SAN/NAS Storage
- Virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Microsoft)
- Exceptional customer service, and professional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
MicroAge is an IT Solutions Provider with over 30 years of experience. MicroAge is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients.
MicroAge offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. MicroAge also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.