- The HR Coordinator’s position is an exciting career opportunity that provides support and co-ordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of Human Resources for Marineland of Canada Inc. The main responsibility of HR Coordinator is to assist the Park Administrator in every aspect of human resources when required. Responsibilities include Recruitment, Training, Health and Safety Program Co-ordination, and other administrative tasks as required. Previous experience in a human resources environment is required..
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Administers and coordinates the recruitment process by posting job positions on company’s website as well as external website’s, and other media; applicant screening and interviewing, conducting reference checks and assisting with any applicable paperwork regarding new hires. Attend external Job Fairs representing and promoting Marineland by making a great first impression.
-Assist Park Administrator when requested to ensure that Marineland is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes and other applicable legislation related to human resources.
- Active member on Marineland’s Joint Health and Safety Committee, prepare meeting agenda’s and minutes, develop workplace inspection schedule, and develop and post all Health and Safety communication as per policy.
- Develop, Coordinate and facilitate orientation sessions and Health and Safety training.
- Other Health and Safety duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain HRIS database and cull reports as requested.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Team Leaders ad hoc.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Human Resources Coordinator or Generalist.
- Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Previous experience as a training facilitator or instructor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word and Excel
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Service focused and understands the principles and processes required for exceptional service in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
We thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at www.marineland.ca