Support Services Attendant – Full-time
Location: Shelburne, Ontario – Supportive Housing Program
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, weekends) that vary between locations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Applications accepted until: November 27, 2013
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.