MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
The Metis Employment and Training Department (MET) seeks to fill a full-time Service Needs Determination Clerk position located in THOMPSON, MB; remuneration is $24,282.00 - $31,342.00 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
Service Needs Determination Clerk - Thompson, MB.
Under the supervision and direction of the MET Regional Coordinator, the Service Needs Determination Clerk will interview and complete the intake process with clients to determine their employment and training needs and eligibility for MET programs and services. The SND Clerk serves as the initial point of contact for the department for clients seeking employment and training information or service. The SND Clerk also assists clients with self-service resources and provides referrals to other departmental staff for more in-depth discussions on employment & training needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience and/or prepared to undertake employment related training to fully meet the requirements of the position
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative support services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook,& PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer
- Experience maintaining confidential records and files both paper & electronic
- Experience using database systems
- Experience taking accurate meeting minutes and meeting notes
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients, and co-workers
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations, volunteer Boards & Committees
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability and a retirement savings plan.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Friday, May 3, 2013 to the MMF Human Resources Department, 300-150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7.
All of our job postings can be viewed at www.mmf.mb.ca
*clearly indicate which posting you are applying for