MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
The Metis Employment and Training Department seeks to fill one full time Project Officer position located in Brandon, MB.; remuneration is $34,218.00 – $43,130.00 annually (depending on experience) - plus benefits.
Project Officer - Brandon
Under the direction and supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the Project Officer will develop and implement training and employment initiatives undertaken by the Metis Employment and Training Department. The Project Officer is responsible for the assessment, management and monitoring of these training and employment initiatives. The Project Officer is also responsible for facilitating partnerships with industry employers, training institutions, and organizations to deliver programs and services that address labour market needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience and/or prepared to undertake employment related training to fully meet the requirements of the position
- Minimum of 2 years project management and/or contract management experience
- Experience analyzing financial statements and understanding of basic accounting practices
- Project and Contract management experience
- Facilitation and Presentation skills
- Case Management experience
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients, and co-workers
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Internet Explorer
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community
- Experience working with volunteer Boards & Committees
- Valid Driver’s License and able to travel
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability and a
retirement savings plan.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Friday, September 6, 2013 to the MMF Human Resources Department, 300-150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7, fax to (204) 947-1816.