MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
The MMF Human Resources Department seeks to fill one full-time Human Resources Generalist position located at the Winnipeg Home Office; remuneration is based on experience and education - plus benefits.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Reporting to and working closely with the Director, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible to provide support to the Human Resources department including: recruitment and selection, training and development, employee relations, compensation, payroll and benefits support, performance management and team building. This position requires the ability to work with highly sensitive material in a confidential manner, as well as being able to exercise sound judgment and initiative. This position also requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment and have strong attention to detail.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Provides general support as required to the Human Resources Director
- Manages the recruitment process
- Keeps current with human rights, health and safety and employment legislation and professional information applicable to human resources management
- Relevant courses or training as Human Resources Practitioner
- Minimum 2 years experience in Human Resource generalist roles or an equivalent of education and experience is required
- Experience in a computerized office environment with proven ability with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook, and HRIS systems
- Compensation reviews and payroll support as required
- Five or more years of both training and development experience, and significant orientation experience
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services
- Five or more years of employee or labor relations and conflict management experience is required
- Excellent verbal and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision under narrow time limitations
- Experience with Board of Directors, chairing committees, and committee participation such as Health and Safety
- Knowledge of reports and metrics on Human Resources, and the value they add to an organization
- CHRP or CHRP Candidate designation preferred
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability, and a retirement savings plan. We also offer access to our fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Friday, December 21, 2012.
All our job postings can be found at www.mmf.mb.ca