MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Comptroller assists in the development, interpretation, and maintenance of accounting policies to ensure and enhance the efficient operation of the department and to ensure that internal control procedures are in place and being followed at all times in all areas. The Comptroller ensures the accuracy of financial reports and month end processes, including the reconciliation of all asset and liability accounts. The Comptroller is also responsible for the review of variances from budget for all revenue and expense accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to candidates with the CGA or CMA designations
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a senior accounting role
- Maintain a system of controls and due diligence over accounting transactions
- Creation of a monthly working paper file
- Providing regular status/updates of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Experience working with ACCPAC or similar computerized accounting program, MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience supervising and coordinating workflow of Finance support staff
- Must provide an acceptable criminal records check
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability, and a retirement savings plan. We also offer access to our fitness facility, competitively priced downtown parking, as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Thursday, May 9, 2013 to the MMF Human Resources Department, 300-150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7. Please identify on the cover letter which position you are applying for.
All our job postings can be found at www.mmf.mb.ca