The Metis Employment and Training Department (MET) seeks to fill one full-time Finance Clerk position located at the MMF Home Office in Winnipeg, MB; remuneration is $28,698 - $37,528 per annum (depending upon qualification and experience) – plus benefits.
Under the direction and supervision of the ASETS Finance Officer, the Finance Clerk is responsible for the verification, calculation, recording and processing of accounts payable and financial claim submissions including preparing and processing of requisitions, vouchers and journal entries, bank deposits, bank reconciliations and remittances; and maintenance of general ledger accounts and financial statements and reports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting related post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years finance experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and basic bookkeeping, and payroll
- Extensive experience working with ACCPAC for Windows
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel and spreadsheets
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations, volunteer boards & committees
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only the individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability and a retirement savings plan. We also offer inexpensive downtown parking, access to our fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Whereas MMF and MAC consider it important to ensure that services are provided to Metis people in an inclusive and efficient manner...